Forearm Machine and Building Blocks
1) What type of muscle are the forearm, hand, and finger?
2) How many muscles are in the hand?
Answer: The total number of muscles in the hand is 60.
3) How many tendons are in the hand?
Answer: There are 60 tendons in the hand.
4) How many ligaments are in the hand?
Answer: There are 19 bones in the hand, so there are over 50 ligaments.
5) How many muscles are in the forarm?
Answer: There are 20 muscles.
6) How many ligaments are in the forearm?
Answer: There are over 30 ligaments.
7) How many tendons are in the hand?
Answer: There are 20 tendons in the hand.
8) What grows and heals faster - muscle, ligaments, or tendons?
Answer: Muscle heals and grows three to five times faster than tendons or ligaments.
9) Why does muscle heal and grow three to five times faster than ligaments and tendons?
Answer: The reason is that muscle blood supply comes from a main artery; tendon
and ligament blood supply comes from little veins and tissue.
10) Why does working the forearm three times per week get better results than one or two times
Answer: This is simply a result of evolution. These muscles, called the hunting, gathering, and eating muscles, have evolved in such a way that they get the strongest when being worked at this frequency compared to any other.
11) Is it true that when your bicep is in a flexed position your forearm muscles are stronger?
Answer: Yes, you are creating a pulley system between your forearm and upper arm.
12) Is it true that it is easy to hurt your supinate and pronate muscles?
Answer: Yes. In a very small muscle group, too much weight could cause a tear very easily.
13) Should your arm be straight or bent when you work with pronate and supinate muscles?
Answer: It does not matter.